Prep to grade two
Animals like you and me!
Your class will meet a variety of pet and farm animals and make connections about the similarities we share with animals. Our session covers the following animal needs and how they relate to our own needs as humans:
- Nutritious food for animals in the correct amounts
- Hydration requirements
- Shelter to protect from the elements of weather
- Exercise and regular stimulation
- Hygiene and living areas
- Friends and companionship requirements for stimulation
- Medical care to prevent and treat injury and illness
Onsite activities include:
- Meet and feed our gorgeous guinea pigs and discover the needs of these popular pets.
- Visit our on-site barn and hear the rescue stories of the resident farm animals.
- Compare their needs to those of pets and humans.
- Participate in our interactive Pet Needs Game to deepen understandings of responsible pet guardianship.
Teachers also receive a resource kit for further topic exploration back at school! Education sessions are free of charge for school groups. Donations are welcomed.