We all know that our pooches love playing with toys, but did you know all the benefits they have on your dogs health?
- It tuckers them out – Playing with toys is the equivalent of us doing a crossword or Sudoku puzzle. The mental stimulation provided by toys will tire your dog our quicker than a 30min walk, leaving them with less energy to get themselves into trouble!
- They build independence – Being pack animals, dogs are not built to spend extended periods of time alone. But with work and general life commitments, it’s not always possible to be with them all the time. Toys keep your pooch entertained while you’re not there, so they learn that they can have fun while you’re not there. They’ll also be more likely to give you your space when you’re trying to get things done at home.
- It’s fun! – Simply put, dogs just LOVE toys! They’re fun and a new toy can make their lives extra exciting!
- It helps their learning – Enrichment toys can enhance your pup’s ability to learn, helping them develop new skills. It also promotes their natural behaviour such as foraging, exploring and playing.
- Chill out man – Toys can help your dogs relax, making them happier. Playing is a rewarding experience for them which counteracts the effects of stress. They also give your pup more control of their environment, which also helps to keep their stress levels at bay. And the more toys they have to choose from, the more relaxed they’ll feel.
- Who’s a good boyyyy? – Toys are fantastic at preventing problem behaviours such as excessive barking and inappropriate chewing. Quality chew toys will help stop puppies looking for alternative things to chew (like your fave pair of shoes – eek!)
- They’ll love you more <3 – Since you’re the one who gives them the toys, your pooch will associate you with the fun and excitement of play. This helps to build a positive relationship between you and your dog. What’s not to love about that! 🙂