RSPCA, the Community and You
Bring your class to RSPCA Victoria’s education centre and barn in Burwood East for an excursion to remember.
Take a deep dive into the important role the community plays in helping RSPCA Victoria to care for more than 15,000 animals each year and learn about animal needs and welfare.
Your class will meet a variety of pet and farm animals and make connections about the needs we all share.
Topics explored include:
- The basic needs of animals how they relate to those of humans.
- The role of RSPCA Victoria in the community.
- Relevant laws that are in place to protect pet animals and farm animals.
- Animal experiences.
Onsite activities include:
- Visit our barn and hear the rescue stories of the resident farm animals. Compare their needs to those of pets and humans.
- Tour the RSPCA Adoption Centre at Burwood East.
- Discover the important role of RSPCA Inspectors and the laws they enforce to help animals in the community.
- Investigate real animal rescue case studies in small groups to determine how each animal’s welfare could be improved.
** teachers also receive a resource kit for further topic exploration back at school
Education sessions are free of charge for school groups. Donations are welcomed.